New English Album 2013

New English Album 2013

I've been reading a lot about Celine's new English album on the net, youtube etc scheduled for release early 2013. By now, we all know that it will include several songs from her current Vegas show, which is full of covers (which is one of the reasons I've not travelled to see it )!! Hypothetically, if the album has 16 tracks (average for a Celine English album) and 6, 7, or 8 tracks are songs from the Vegas show, which will be covers, and there remainder will be new songs, that for me as a Celine Dion fan is exceeding disappointing!!! Especially since we've had to wait over five years for this release.

I've read that Celine Dion received over 200 new songs from top producers and songwriters to small town song writers, and her team hope to release an album with 6-8 covers from the Vegas show!!?? If this is true, this is a very poor decision and disappointing decision from the management and does not sound like a recipe for a smash hit album. I hope this is what caused the delay in the release of the English Album.

What they shoud do is release a double cd album: Main disc=16 tracks of all brand new material. Bonus EP disc=6-8 tracks from the Vegas show. Now that is what you call a treat and a recipe for a highly successful album. And I say this in the nicest possible way-don't cover 'Rolling in the Deep' for the album please. Leave that song alone, it belongs to Adele and has her stamp on it. No other artist will have that much success with it. Leave it for the live shows and that's it!

What are your thoughts guys?

Sans Attendre Tour, Paris, France-25, 26, 29, 30 November and 01 December 2013; Une Seule Fois, Québec, Québec, Canada-27 July 2013; Taking Chances World Tour, Paris, France-21, 24 May 2008; Taking Chances World Tour, UK-03, 08 and 10 May 2008; A New Day.

Replies for this Forum Topic

I hate to disappoint you even more but the album is rumoured to have 12 tracks on it, 6 of which are covers from Las Vegas so literally half the album is full of covers. This is a terrible decision on Celine's part, especially because I believe that one of the songs included on the English album is Celine's cover of the French song "Ne Me Quitte Pas" from the Las Vegas show. Considering the fact that this is not an English song and considering the fact that this is yet another cover song that is not needed on the English album and should have been put on the French album instead (I believe it was put only on the Deluxe Edition of the album) makes me very upset. Also, the fact that the English album is half covers while the French album only has one cover seems a little unfair to her English fans. We have waited just as long for a new English album as her French fans waited for her French album and now we are being told to wait several more months for an album that is only half new. It is totally ridiculous if you ask me!

I agree that it is disappointing to hear that half of her new English album is of covers...I was hoping for like 12 brand spanking new English songs.

I am afraid I humbly dissent from the three of you.

What I have always LOVED about Céline is that she has a genuine love of music and really just loves doing what she does. This is the overwhelming vibe that comes out of her shows.

I will, obviously, reserve judgement until I listen to the whole album, however, I think some covers are a great thing for her to do! She has reached the stage as an artist where she can do what she likes and reinterpret the works of others if that's what she wants to do.

There will be some new music on the album I understand as well as covers.

The title of the album is reflective of her desire to do some covers and try new things which she has wanted to do for a while. What separates her from many other divas is that she is happy to do covers in her own style because she truly loves music as a holistic idea, not just the intellectual property she has contributed to it.

That's my view anyway Smile As for artists 'owning' a song... I've always thought that is a stupid concept and @saheed has convinced me more of that view. Music is a dynamic concept which, when performed and interpreted by different artists, takes on a different meaning and quality.

Come to me english album! hahaha

Hi guys-

I know that I haven't been on TC in forever, and there are two reasons for that.

1- I liked the paid version much better, and just can't get used to the free version.
2- I've been insanely busy with college and moving and I'm just now getting back to this.

This topic alone is the only reason that I got back onto TC today to see what was going on with the new album

I can't believe the disappointment that you guys have! Alot of Celine's songs, even some of her biggest, are covers.

Alone
All By Myself
I Drove All Night
River Deep Mountain High
The Power of Love
...to name a few.

And... guess what... those are some of Celine's staple songs! Those are some of the songs that have made her so popular today!

Celine has been in this business a long time and she knows what she's doing. She has never, and will never, disappoint her fans. Her voice is timeless and perfect and all of us know that. I don't care if there are two songs on the cd and they're both covers- she will sound fabulous and she will look flawless. That's the Celine I know and love.

Don't worry about the ratio of covers to orginals- just be thankful and happy that we're getting another Celine gem. Smile
That's my take anyway.

Have a wonderful rest of the day, TC.
-Garrett

Celine, I'm everything I am because you loved me.
-Garrett

For me, I would leave the decision in finding the tracks to Celine. It is because, for me, she would never disappoint her fans. And another thing is that she will be the one to sing it and she loves what she does.
But for me, I would love her to sing new tracks for her new album like her last release "Taking Chances"...

arvin

I understand peoples dissapointment however, I am afraid my own personal opinion is I am happy with the fact there is a new album and some of the songs from the show are fantastic and I dnt agree judgement or comment can be made regarding the new show untill you have been in the theatre and paid for your seat!!! T he show is amazing and Celine as always was outstanding and and it was such a joy to see her perform live again regardless of the song list. I am happy with the fact there are some new songs and am excited to hear them, it only takes one track to make an album a hit. Celine has a fantastic team and the album from the new day show sold really well because people could not make it to vegas. I am also excited about the promotional side of the album and seeing and hearing from Celine, hopefully and always look forward to everything she does.Celine always includes a french track on her english albums because her team discovered her fans like this and it demonstrates respect for her heritage and culture and there will be a large number of us who really dnt mind. I'm looking forward to hearing it nd it can't be soon enuf for me.xxx.

Miss P. Dollard.

Mixed feelings on this one ....its been so long between the last album and because of that I guess the anticipation makes for high expectations for the content. I would be happy for covers to be included but I hope they dont make up the share of the album. I too have read Celine receives extroadinary amounts of new songs from all over the world not to mention what Diane writes. I really ant wait for it to be realeased and then the time to get to know it, like welcoming a new member to the family!

celinedionsbiggestfan wrote:

Hi guys-

I know that I haven't been on TC in forever, and there are two reasons for that.

1- I liked the paid version much better, and just can't get used to the free version.
2- I've been insanely busy with college and moving and I'm just now getting back to this.

This topic alone is the only reason that I got back onto TC today to see what was going on with the new album

I can't believe the disappointment that you guys have! Alot of Celine's songs, even some of her biggest, are covers.

Alone
All By Myself
I Drove All Night
River Deep Mountain High
The Power of Love
...to name a few.

And... guess what... those are some of Celine's staple songs! Those are some of the songs that have made her so popular today!

Celine has been in this business a long time and she knows what she's doing. She has never, and will never, disappoint her fans. Her voice is timeless and perfect and all of us know that. I don't care if there are two songs on the cd and they're both covers- she will sound fabulous and she will look flawless. That's the Celine I know and love.

Don't worry about the ratio of covers to orginals- just be thankful and happy that we're getting another Celine gem. Smile
That's my take anyway.

Have a wonderful rest of the day, TC.
-Garrett

i agree fully, not matter what she sings she will make it her own and add a twist lets wait & see!

I really like Vocalist1993's approach to this as well....Celine would have a laugh thinking it was kind of cute!!! So much diversity is good to see!!!

I can hardly wait for the new album!! I just love some of her songs from the new show (Open arms, How do you keep the music playing, Mr. Paganini, Seventeen, etc...). I would also love to have a cover of her singing "rolling in the deep" as I think it is amazing! (but don't know if we will get this) I think the new "Unfinished songs" will also be phenomenal...and "Didn't know love",and her duet with Ne-yo and on and on....this is going to be a fantastic album!!!!! The only thing better would be 2 albums - 1 Las Vegas - and 1 brand new!!

NancyJB

NancyJB wrote:

I can hardly wait for the new album!! I just love some of her songs from the new show (Open arms, How do you keep the music playing, Mr. Paganini, Seventeen, etc...). I would also love to have a cover of her singing "rolling in the deep" as I think it is amazing! (but don't know if we will get this) I think the new "Unfinished songs" will also be phenomenal...and "Didn't know love",and her duet with Ne-yo and on and on....this is going to be a fantastic album!!!!! The only thing better would be 2 albums - 1 Las Vegas - and 1 brand new!!

Yes the only thing that would be better would for them to release two cd's as you stated! I so agree with you here! Mr. Paganini is out of this world!!!! Love She is so into that performance! It was great when I saw it last year and I can't wait to hear it again in Feb. Love

How can you not love this woman!

Celine Dion new albums are the first thing i think about when i wake up in the morning and the last thing i am thinking before i sleep, unfortunately i am such a big fan i will probably think about it on my deathbed the instant before i die, new here, have a good day

celinedionsbiggestfan wrote:

Hi guys-

I know that I haven't been on TC in forever, and there are two reasons for that.

1- I liked the paid version much better, and just can't get used to the free version.
2- I've been insanely busy with college and moving and I'm just now getting back to this.

This topic alone is the only reason that I got back onto TC today to see what was going on with the new album

I can't believe the disappointment that you guys have! Alot of Celine's songs, even some of her biggest, are covers.

Alone
All By Myself
I Drove All Night
River Deep Mountain High
The Power of Love
...to name a few.

And... guess what... those are some of Celine's staple songs! Those are some of the songs that have made her so popular today!

Celine has been in this business a long time and she knows what she's doing. She has never, and will never, disappoint her fans. Her voice is timeless and perfect and all of us know that. I don't care if there are two songs on the cd and they're both covers- she will sound fabulous and she will look flawless. That's the Celine I know and love.

Don't worry about the ratio of covers to orginals- just be thankful and happy that we're getting another Celine gem. Smile
That's my take anyway.

Have a wonderful rest of the day, TC.
-Garrett

You're missing the point entirely, people are upset because Celine is using covers yet again (like she always does) to keep her career afloat. I know she doesn't write her own songs which is fine but she could at least find some new songs. I'm sure that there are plenty of songwriters out there that would kill to have Celine sing one of their songs.

New album has been postponed until the fall of 2013. Read more on LaPresse.ca
Taking advantage of this delay to record new songs written specifically for her.

Possible Track list

"Open Arms"
"You'll Have To Swing It"
"At Seventeen"
"How Do You You Keep The Music Playing" ?
"Lullabye"
"Overjoyed"
"It's Incredible"
"Unfinished Song"
"Didn't Know Love"
"Climb Ev'ry Mountain"
"Ne me quitte pas"
"Rolling in the Deep"
"I'm Gotta Right to Sing The Blues"
"Water And A Flame"
"We're Gonna Love Tomorrow"
"Rubbish Heart"

I just posted some new info in the news section of the forum I think you might be interested in some of it saheed

I just might change my mind and let you in my life forever!

I look forward to the new album which is completely new from Celine Dion. I am looking forward for so long to 5 years. I really hope that English album of Celine can be successful as the French-language album "Sans Attendre".

It's very disappointing, if the album contains some live recording studio. If, Celine wanted to record a live studio tracks, better make full concert DVD or CD live album as the album "A new day ... Live in Las Vegas" which released in 2004.

If Celine still wants success in the making of the album this time, do not sing the songs of others, such as "open arms", "rolling in the deep". Instead, this album contains new full recording studio.

Hopefully delay Celine released the album this time will lead to success and did not disappoint the fans who've been waiting for a new album very shortly. We certainly look forward to the success of Celine when he was victorious in the era of the 90's.

Donal wrote:

New album has been postponed until the fall of 2013. Read more on LaPresse.ca
Taking advantage of this delay to record new songs written specifically for her.

Possible Track list

"Open Arms"
"You'll Have To Swing It"
"At Seventeen"
"How Do You You Keep The Music Playing" ?
"Lullabye"
"Overjoyed"
"It's Incredible"
"Unfinished Song"
"Didn't Know Love"
"Climb Ev'ry Mountain"
"Ne me quitte pas"
"Rolling in the Deep"
"I'm Gotta Right to Sing The Blues"
"Water And A Flame"
"We're Gonna Love Tomorrow"
"Rubbish Heart"

this is what we dont want, we want new material from her. they are alll covers.

bluecrab wrote:
Donal wrote:

New album has been postponed until the fall of 2013. Read more on LaPresse.ca
Taking advantage of this delay to record new songs written specifically for her.

Possible Track list

"Open Arms"
"You'll Have To Swing It"
"At Seventeen"
"How Do You You Keep The Music Playing" ?
"Lullabye"
"Overjoyed"
"It's Incredible"
"Unfinished Song"
"Didn't Know Love"
"Climb Ev'ry Mountain"
"Ne me quitte pas"
"Rolling in the Deep"
"I'm Gotta Right to Sing The Blues"
"Water And A Flame"
"We're Gonna Love Tomorrow"
"Rubbish Heart"

this is what we dont want, we want new material from her. they are alll covers.

She's dumping the covers for all new stuff

I just might change my mind and let you in my life forever!

Celine can put whatever she wants on her new album. I'm fine with it! Looking forward to it if you ask me! And I agree, if she has cover songs -why not?! They are amazing songs! And such amazing songs never die out no matter how many times you hear it -they find ways to touch your heart...and some...can even make you cry!

Joy

I agree that putting covers on the new CD opposed to all new songs is a bad move. After being away from the English market for so long, Celine has made her fans "thirsty" for her voice, and thirsty for new material. In this age of fickle fans, if she doesn't deliver all new songs, or only a few new songs, her solid fan base might look for other singers to fill that thirst. As one commercial puts it; "Obey Your Thirst". New songs will give us more to choose from so that we can stay at the base of the Celine fountain, yet again, drinking from the chalice of her beautiful voice, with new songs. Not recycled songs that belong to other entertainers. Everybody knows that Celine can handle, and own any song that she sings. However, if she indeed received over 200 songs for this upcoming album, then I am sure she can find 15 new songs to record for her so loyal fans. Why in the world would anyone want to do covers when there is an unlimited cache of songs available to them. Do the new songs, and then people will be doing covers on your songs!

Also, even though we are used to those classic ballads, and "new" classic ballads that she belts out, I think that she should take a little risk and delve into some different, slightly edgy styles of music. A song like Toni Braxton's "Yesterday" is an example.

AMEN to that. That's exactly what I think too Smile

Hush now... I see a light in the sky! A New Day Will Come

BREAKING NEWS: The English album Celine Dion due out in October and will contain only new songs. Sony has decided to change the concept of the album after the huge success of ' Sans Attendre. Celine will return to the studio in the coming weeks to record 3 or 4 new songs. The album is ready at 95%

AGUILFOY wrote:

She's dumping the covers for all new stuff

Donal wrote:

BREAKING NEWS: The English album Celine Dion due out in October and will contain only new songs. Sony has decided to change the concept of the album after the huge success of ' Sans Attendre. Celine will return to the studio in the coming weeks to record 3 or 4 new songs. The album is ready at 95%

hey guys,

thank you for sharing this news with us. However, when you post something that important, could you include your news source with the rest of us fans as we would enjoy reading the articles where you got the news from and get the entire story.
Please don't post rumours as facts because this gets our hopes up and then disappointment ensues when nothing happens.

thanks much!

"Love Can Move Mountains"

BlackLotus wrote:
AGUILFOY wrote:

She's dumping the covers for all new stuff

Donal wrote:

BREAKING NEWS: The English album Celine Dion due out in October and will contain only new songs. Sony has decided to change the concept of the album after the huge success of ' Sans Attendre. Celine will return to the studio in the coming weeks to record 3 or 4 new songs. The album is ready at 95%

hey guys,

thank you for sharing this news with us. However, when you post something that important, could you include your news source with the rest of us fans as we would enjoy reading the articles where you got the news from and get the entire story.
Please don't post rumours as facts because this gets our hopes up and then disappointment ensues when nothing happens.

thanks much!

I didn't post a rumor I just don't have the link to go with it I saw it on Facebook somewhere it was posted by The Red Heads

I just might change my mind and let you in my life forever!

The source is Le Journal de Montreal, as its becoming usual lately. And also a radio interview René did yesterday Smile

I'm so happy with the news, it was just common sense to return with all new original material and not covers. But I don't know what's with this official site, it's always behind with the news. Isn't this website supposed to get the news first hand from Céline and René? Because we always know before some other source, like Le journal de Montreal in this case.

Hush now... I see a light in the sky! A New Day Will Come

So happy to hear this album will be mostly new songs,It's important Celine keeps new fresh music coming out,especially now when she is not touring and is based in Vegas,it's important to keep up with the current music scene and show people she can still pump out the hits,that voice is just too good to be wasted on covers of old songs,Celine is too good for that....I for one would happily wait a bit longer for new songs. Smile

"Je Cherche l'Ombre"

I will always look forward and get excited with Celine's new English Album! I'm sure her upcoming Album would be great as always! More power Celine and God bless you always! Belated Happy birthday! Guys, tomorrow is already April! ACCIO NEW english Album of Celine!

Joefrey Rosario Chan

THIS ALBUM IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!! You guys wait and see. She never let's us down,

NEVER READ WHAT'S ON THE INTERNET REGARDING THE ALBUM. UNTIL CELINE.COM HAVE ANNOUNCED IT FIRST TRACK-LISTINGS ON THE INTERNET ARE JUST RUMOURS,

IM SURE THIS WILL BE A 16 TRACK ALBUM WITH 14 NEW SONGS AND ONLY 2 COVERS, YOU'LL SEE!!!

I really hope the new English album means coming to the UK at some point.. I don't know what's going to be featured on the album as I'm pretty sure details haven't been released yet? But whatever's on it, I'm certain it's going to be super good! I love anything that Celine sings, cover or new material. Either way it'll be amazing! And we know that Loved Me Back To Life is a sure thing for the album, just hope it gets the recognition it deserves!!

Everybody have an idea when will we get the album art cover?
I am so looking forward for it Smile


Okay so I just bought Celine's new single "Loved Me Back To Life" off Itunes literally just 45 minutes ago (what can I say, I was eager) and by the way, it is AWESOME! When I heard snippets of the single before I was like "Oh no, I really don't like this" but after hearing the whole song in a studio version format I couldn't be happier. I absolutely love it.

While purchasing the single I was able to have a look at the full tracklist for the album which is now available for pre-order and unfortunately there appears to be five cover songs on the album; that is unless they just haven't changed the track listing on Itunes when they decided to make changes to the album earlier on (they could just be trying to trick us!)

Anyway as I said, we can't know for sure until the album is actually released in November but it appears that the covers that will be featured on the album are:

At Seventeen
Overjoyed
Lullaby (Goodnight, My Angel)
How Do You Keep the Music Playing
Water and a Flame

On the bright side, the album has 15 songs on it which means we still get 10 new ones.

Celine releases both English and French albums as well as her Vegas shows and promotions for all that. She also has a family that she wants to spend as much time with. She has also been making records, many of which were all new songs on the albums, since the early 80s. I'm sure there is a reason why she is going this route. We all would like all new songs but she is human and she takes on a lot. Give the woman a break lol.

I am in love with the new single and her new sound! Cant wait for the new album. Hope it comes out on my bday Smile

Fabs Smile