Celine - Une Seule Fois / Live 2013

‘Céline Dion, le grand show’ On France 2 On November 24

‘Céline Dion, le grand show’ On France 2 On November 24

Get ready to spend an amazing evening with French television network France 2 on November 24 at 8:45pm! Celine will be live on the set of her television special, Céline Dion, le grand show, along with impersonator Véronice DiCaire and French host Michel Drucker. Celine will perform some of her greatest hits with artists such as Johnny Hallyday, Patrick Bruel, Florent Pagny and Michel Sardou. Expect a night full of surprises from Celine. Don’t miss out on this great event!

Replies for this Forum Topic

Really?!! I mean, REALLY?? Basically all playback? And above all, miming to to album version?! How outraging and disgusting is that??

I'm a big fan of Celine since many many years, and i think this is a place to express ourselves, so i have to say that for me
this was the WORST Céline Dion special i've seen about her for any of her albums. Such a disappointment!
She´s really promoting the NEW album?!? I couldn´t be more frustrated by this special, considering the beautiful album that Celine has released she was lipping her old tracks and even the new tracks. I felt that everyone is taking advantage of Céline's show to promote their own albums, it was more about the guests than Céline herself.
She must be the only artist who doesn't promote her own NEW album in her own special.
Sorry guys but i have to say it..

Killka wrote:

I'm a big fan of Celine since many many years, and i think this is a place to express ourselves, so i have to say that for me
this was the WORST Céline Dion special i've seen about her for any of her albums. Such a disappointment!
She´s really promoting the NEW album?!? I couldn´t be more frustrated by this special, considering the beautiful album that Celine has released she was lipping her old tracks and even the new tracks. I felt that everyone is taking advantage of Céline's show to promote their own albums, it was more about the guests than Céline herself.
She must be the only artist who doesn't promote her own NEW album in her own special.
Sorry guys but i have to say it..

I agree with you. I am a french fan and I did not like this show. She was singing in playback from beginning to "the end"!

It is a shame for Céline's team!!!!

This has to be Celine's worst TV special ever.

Celine spent most of this show sitting down, watching other artists promote their own material, or even singing Celine's own songs! Veronique DiCaire had a huge part in this show, impersonating Celine as well as other singers. This was completely unnecessary and should not have lasted more than 5 minutes, but somehow she was on stage more than any other performer throughout the show.

The small part that Celine had (maybe 20% of the show) was utterly disappointing. Only 2 of the songs she performed were live, both of these were duets, and one of these songs wasn't even her own! Whoever thought that it would be a good idea for Celine to mime to 15 year old tracks of "River Deep, Mountain High", "My Heart Will Go On" and "S'il suffisait d'aimer" is an idiot - we are not in the 90s anymore! This special was supposed to promote Celine's new French album, "Sans Attendre", but only 4 of the songs from this CD were actually performed, or mimed to - badly!

This is a complete embarrassment for Celine and her career. There is no way that Celine's management should ever have agreed to this show. After the excellent promotion in Quebec, this visit to France has resulted in a complete disaster for Celine!

I agree with you. I am a french fan and I did not like this show. She was singing in playback from beginning to "the end"!

It is a shame for Céline's team!!!!

Yeah! A true disaster. I mean the mistakes she made while she was lipping was VERY obvious.. i never seen her mess up this bad! A real shame, it could have been a great show and a great opportunity to promote the album, but no Sad

Timster wrote:

This has to be Celine's worst TV special ever.

Celine spent most of this show sitting down, watching other artists promote their own material, or even singing Celine's own songs! Veronique DiCaire had a huge part in this show, impersonating Celine as well as other singers. This was completely unnecessary and should not have lasted more than 5 minutes, but somehow she was on stage more than any other performer throughout the show.

The small part that Celine had (maybe 20% of the show) was utterly disappointing. Only 2 of the songs she performed were live, both of these were duets, and one of these songs wasn't even her own! Whoever thought that it would be a good idea for Celine to mime to 15 year old tracks of "River Deep, Mountain High", "My Heart Will Go On" and "S'il suffisait d'aimer" is an idiot - we are not in the 90s anymore! This special was supposed to promote Celine's new French album, "Sans Attendre", but only 4 of the songs from this CD were actually performed, or mimed to - badly!

This is a complete embarrassment for Celine and her career. There is no way that Celine's management should ever have agreed to this show. After the excellent promotion in Quebec, this visit to France has resulted in a complete disaster for Celine!

You're right! It was a disaster!!!! With a show like it, Celine does not sell a lot of albums in France.

I'm almost sure she was sick, hence the lipping. But anyway. Disappointing.

This TV special was embarrasing. She performed only 3 songs from the new album by herself (and a duet with Hallyday). 3 songs out of a 3 hour special.

Where was Céline during 2/3 of the special? It was more like the "Veronic Dicaire and friends" each one promoting their shows and albums except Céline, who was supposed to be there presenting her new songs. Instead we got just 3 new songs and the rest were songs from pre-2000 albums, what the hell is going on here?

Céline needs a new manager right now...

Hush now... I see a light in the sky! A New Day Will Come

really a bad TV special and who the hell decided to lip on the original album songs from the 90's?

It is so sad to see that the Management is destroying Celine's career more and more - how can they be satisfied with that, oh wait they still gain enough money...

We want to hear the new Celine stuff and not the old songs over and over again - I am a HUGE Celine Fan since 1996 and I never was so dissappointed.

***Céline is my life***

Not happy. A great opportunity wasted. The new album is amazing! Can't we just show it off a bit and feel proud of the present and excited for the future? The Quebec show was a lot better, and even that had too much emphasis on the 90's material. As for all the guest acts.... overkill. I just hope that people will see past this filler of a show and go out and buy Sans Attendre, it is truly worth buying.

Does she have a "new" cd to promote?? Because I guess I really missed it amongst everyone else in "her" special!!! I know her and Rene said in a recent interview that she has nothing to prove anymore but this was a waste. Then why even go on the show? I love this cd and bought the deluxe. I don't even speak French!! I love it because it was finally new material and she sounds so AMAZING! I didn't want to hear all the OLD material. Wow when she "performed" MHWGO I felt sick. Really, titanic?? Let that ship sink! (yep, I said it)

How can you not love this woman!

This was a big waste! It is so sad when Celine has one of her greatest albums in her whole career and many years to be in Europe, to have this all-over-the-place-and-simultaneously-nowhere special! IT IS TRAGIC TO LET HER MIME AND LIP! Old songs, only 4 from her NEW ALBUM, and especially the original tracks from 1996 and 1997! Seriously?/????? You take us for fools?
This is embarrassing people! Hope you get dissed by the french media, this special deserves it!

This Youtube channel has uploaded the show in excelent quality if anyone hasn't seen it yet

http://www.youtube.com/user/Super2MA

The greatest reward is the sound of your voice,
The Greatest Voice Ever! ♥

Thanks for the link Dionworshiper! .. and the rest of u SHUT UP!! lol

Angela Codoceo
La Serena, Chile
P.S. Céline i love youuuu!

AngelaLovesCeline wrote:

Thanks for the link Dionworshiper! .. and the rest of u SHUT UP!! lol

It wasn't good! Wasn't it supposed to be about Celine and her new cd? Sorry but I didn't get it! Sad

How can you not love this woman!

Well, I tuned in online from the UK and and switched it off after 35 mins because IT WAS ADBOMINAL!! How/why did Celine agree to this? It's just bad publicity, it's bad for her reputation and that's evident in this thread so far as there is not a single positive thing said. This 'Grand Show' was not about Celine at all! Such a waste to put together a great stage/backdrop for the show, get in musicians etc if she's not even going to sing live.

We've been hearing S'il Suffisait, River Deep, MHWGO for years. We wanted to hear the new songs from Sans Attendre. And MHWGO has to been sunk! Move on from it. It should no longer be a staple on the set list of any of her shows.There are bands which have said they will draw the line under a particular era of the career and therefore not perform the same old songs over and over again, rather save them as treat that are played every now and then. Otherwise shows become repetitive and loose originality and this is the case with Celine's shows; since 2006 or so the end of her shows have been Love Can Move Mountains (awful song), RDMH and MHWO-throughout the final years of A New Day, Taking Chances Tour and now in her current Las Vegas show. Really, it's getting predictable and boring!!!! I think Celine needs to do that same-draw a line under a certain era of her career. As for the covers-her current show in Vegas is littered with covers. Objectively she has never been an original artist/singer and has become famous singing covers-most of her well known songs are covers-and that speaks volumes!

And as for the lip synching: This is nothing new cuz Celine has been doing this since early in her career, so no surprises there: Watch her 'Colour of My Concert' DVD-FULL of shameless lipping. 'A New Day...'-A Large percentage of this show is mimed-The Power of Love (from first chorus onwards), It's All Coming Back, To Love You More, I Drove All Night, I Surrender (lipped until last verse 'Right here, right now, I give my life to live again...) I Got the World On A String, I Wish, MHWGO. Plenty of lipping throughout Taking Chances Tour, I'm sure. In 2007 Celine shamelessly mimed to album versions of all song the performed that evening including MHWGO, Think Twice, RDMH, Eyes on Me on 'An Audience with Celine Dion'-which she got such bad press for. And above all-IT'S FRAUD!!!! All other artist who have done this show have sung LIVE.

Sans Attendre Tour, Paris, France-25, 26, 29, 30 November and 01 December 2013; Une Seule Fois, Québec, Québec, Canada-27 July 2013; Taking Chances World Tour, Paris, France-21, 24 May 2008; Taking Chances World Tour, UK-03, 08 and 10 May 2008; A New Day.

The whole show in great quality! Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzBQxEOYgRY

The greatest reward is the sound of your voice,
The Greatest Voice Ever! ♥

I really don't understand all the negative comments!! I thought this show was great!! I love hearing the old and the new songs and thought Celine looks just fantastic! The show was visually very interesting, fun interviews and lots of performances by Celine and it doesn't bother me at all if there could be some prerecorded at all... and it seems to me true fans would love to hear all of her beautiful songs! I think it highlighted some great moiments!!! Absolutely great!

NancyJB

Sorry, but it's the worst special I've ever seen! It was like there was no Celine! Playback from the 90s! Shame on the management! CELINE! WAKE UP!!! You gave us a great album but for what was that show? The fans are dissappointed...

NancyJB wrote:

I really don't understand all the negative comments!! I thought this show was great!! I love hearing the old and the new songs and thought Celine looks just fantastic! The show was visually very interesting, fun interviews and lots of performances by Celine and it doesn't bother me at all if there could be some prerecorded at all... and it seems to me true fans would love to hear all of her beautiful songs! I think it highlighted some great moiments!!! Absolutely great!

I really loved having the opportunity to actually see Céline again! In Ireland, we don't get many opportunities to see our beloved Céline too often! I thought the show's concept was beautiful and touched deeply on Céline's life, family and career! Just like NancyJB, pre-recordings don't bother me at all, I'm just happy to see Céline whenever I can! Much love to everyone always!! Dawn Smile Xxx.

Vole vole petite aile ma douce, mon hirondelle....... Merci Céline xxx.

DawnNolan wrote:
NancyJB wrote:

I really don't understand all the negative comments!! I thought this show was great!! I love hearing the old and the new songs and thought Celine looks just fantastic! The show was visually very interesting, fun interviews and lots of performances by Celine and it doesn't bother me at all if there could be some prerecorded at all... and it seems to me true fans would love to hear all of her beautiful songs! I think it highlighted some great moiments!!! Absolutely great!

I really loved having the opportunity to actually see Céline again! In Ireland, we don't get many opportunities to see our beloved Céline too often! I thought the show's concept was beautiful and touched deeply on Céline's life, family and career! Just like NancyJB, pre-recordings don't bother me at all, I'm just happy to see Céline whenever I can! Much love to everyone always!! Dawn Smile Xxx.

Me too Dawn Nolan!!! I just love to see Celine wherever I can....anywhere! I also totally understand that to protect your talent and voice requires some times when she cannot sing live!! Maybe she has an upcoming engagement, or a recording session, and is not allowed to strain her voice or maybe she has restrictions when she is not allowed to sing from doctors,etc... I heard once that 1 day a week she is not allowed to even talk to protect that beautiful voice. Everyone has to realize that she can`t be in control of all of this and everyone has to become much more reasonable!!! There are very good reasons for everything that she does!!!

We are just all so lucky to have a chance to be a part of the life and career of the most amazing superstar in the World!

NancyJB

the worst special ever!!!!
what u guys even thinking?!
Celine's team failed on this show!!

Thanks ranus for the great pics!!!Smile

NancyJB